Monday, April 6, 2015

Historical Investigation, Day 6 - Class Recap


Some students are researching the French Revolution for their Historical Investigation. Here is the French flag waving in Paris, in 2013.

Dear class,

I was feeling a lot better this morning, which certainly helped my spirits at school, along with your continued hard work on the Historical Investigation. The rough draft is due at the end of this week! Here's what we did today in class:

Learning Targets: 
Knowledge LT 20: I can explain the impacts of nationalism and revolutionary movements.
Communication LT 3: I can effectively use the conventions of writing.
Research LT 1: I can develop and refine a research question or topic.
Research LT 3: I can responsibly and accurately cite sources.
Critical Thinking LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.

Soundtrack: "Keep Ya Head Up" by 2Pac. Selected for today because I wanted everyone to keep working hard on the historical investigation assignment, which is winding to a close in class this week. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 4/6/15:
News Brief - Tyler H.
HI Questions?
Computer Lab S219

Homework: Read the blog! Historical Investigation rough draft due on Friday. Next news brief: Tyler A.
---
News Brief: Tyler H. had the news brief today and selected this article about this story to talk about: BBC.com - Turkey blocks Twitter, YouTube over hostage photos. I know that I definitely take access to those websites for granted - especially since I use YouTube every class to show VICE News! It is interesting how other countries choose to censor their people and access to information. Of course, we also do it here in the United States, as well, to some extent.

We also watched VICE News for the day, before moving on.

The next news brief was assigned to Tyler A.

HI Questions?: Before we went to the computer lab again, I wanted to ask if there were any general questions about the historical investigation assignment, which is linked to below:


I explained that if you are not up to Part C, you are behind schedule, but there is still time to make it up! Part B (all the research and finding good sources) is the most difficult part, for sure. Let me know if you are in need of help!

Computer Lab S219: The rest of class was devoted to working in the Computer Lab on the assignment, and I was happy to try and answer questions, as well as help as much as I could.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you be successful! Keep working hard on this!

2 comments:

  1. Part B was the Hardest i finally got it done and after that Parts C,D,E went by quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part B is very hard! Make sure you are spending time on everything to make sure to get it right - especially with citations (both in text and the works cited in Part E). Thanks for your hard work!

      Delete

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so don't worry if you don't see yours pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)